The Big One! More than 200 award winning artists showcasing their fine art will transform Main Street into a spectacular art festival experience. The overwhelming success of the Festival each year led to expanding and covering more than five city blocks in Downtown Sarasota. The Festival will fill Main Street starting at Orange Avenue and heading east to Links Avenue. The high level of artistic quality, the accessibility of the free, outdoor festival and the diversity of art has led to the Festival of the Arts' consecutive rankings among the top 100 art festivals in the nation, according to Sunshine Artist Magazine. Proceeds from the Downtown Sarasota Festival of the Arts benefits the Downtown Sarasota Alliance.
The show is currently closed due to social distancing requirements. Because the booths will need to be spaced out, the number of invited exhibitors has been reduced. Applications will be juried for wait list only at this time, if and when restrictions get lifted closer to the event, we will immediately begin adding artists from the wait list.
Safety measures in place for the socially-distanced, outdoor event:
• Masks are mandatory inside the show site for everyone except children under the age of two. A face shield is an option for extra protection over your mandatory mask but the mask must be on underneath.
• Entrances and exits will be monitored for one-way traffic.
• Visitors should reserve free time slot on Eventbrite.
• Social distancing is required between artists and patrons, and patron groups.
• Patrons are asked to stay home if they have been diagnosed with COVID-19, awaiting test results for COVID-19, or show any symptoms of the virus.
• Guests are also asked to utilize hand-washing and sanitizing stations on a regular basis and avoid casual touching.