- (-) Remove ceramic filter ceramic
- ceramics Apply ceramics filter
- clay Apply clay filter
- digital Apply digital filter
- drawing Apply drawing filter
- (-) Remove fiber filter fiber
- (-) Remove furniture filter furniture
- glass Apply glass filter
- glass/wood/jewerly Apply glass/wood/jewerly filter
- (-) Remove gourds filter gourds
- (-) Remove green market filter green market
- jewelry Apply jewelry filter
- (-) Remove leather filter leather
- (-) Remove metal filter metal
- mixed media Apply mixed media filter
- painting Apply painting filter
- (-) Remove pastels filter pastels
- photography Apply photography filter
- photography/digital Apply photography/digital filter
- plants Apply plants filter
- pottery Apply pottery filter
- printmaking Apply printmaking filter
- (-) Remove printmaking drawing filter printmaking drawing
- sculpture Apply sculpture filter
- soaps & lotions Apply soaps & lotions filter
- (-) Remove stone filter stone
- wood Apply wood filter
My wearable works of art interfuse my personal visual, emotional and professional experiences from my time spent delving into life on two big continents, Asia and North America. I've lived in some of the biggest cities and also some of the smallest towns. My recent designs take their inspiration...
The aesthetics of Wabi-Sabi found me before I knew of its existence. How often has the expression “if these wall could talk” been thought of or spoken? Well, to me they do talk. There is a whisper in every dark crevasse, a stately remark in the most corroded metal, an exclamation in every bubble of...
Materials are copper, aluminum and steel bend and shape metals according to the sketches.
I design and weave the fabric, using unique colors and textures of yarn to create my Wearable Art. ~Diane Perry
About the Artist Steve Pitts lives in Ardmore, Tennessee. A graduate of University of Alabama in Huntsville, he has a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering. His other interests include caving, photography, pipe organs, military science, Hatha yoga and mountain climbing.
"I am an artist blacksmith, the techniques I use have been used by smiths around the world for thousands of years. I use traditional forging techniques and joinery to create contemporary work. I start with metal cut to a predetermined length and heat it in one of my forges, I use both coke and...
"I am a full time metal sculptor from Massachusetts. I design both large-scale sculptures for individual installation with private collectors and temporary public exhibits full of multiple pieces. My love for art lies in abstract geometrics, and much of my body of work encompasses the clean simple...
"From the moment my dye ladened brush touched the silk and I experienced the generosity and hunger of that fabric to receive it, there was no turning back for me. I was drawn as a moth to light." "In the studio, I am a caterpillar. When I emerge, all you see are the brilliant colors of the...
"My designs are geometrically oriented. I love asymmetry and color that is balanced. From subtle (not boring) to bright and bold and everything in between, color and its placement are very important. Any of my pieces can be worn day or night. Accessorize for many different occasions!"
"A native of Michigan, I first began producing dimensional art in the early 1960’s in Savannah, Georgia. My first works used wooden frames and strategically placed parachute shroud lines. Since 1968 I have been working with metals and an oxygen/acetylene torch. Though some early pieces used such...