- ceramic Apply ceramic filter
- ceramics Apply ceramics filter
- clay Apply clay filter
- digital Apply digital filter
- drawing Apply drawing filter
- fiber Apply fiber filter
- furniture Apply furniture filter
- glass Apply glass filter
- glass/wood/jewerly Apply glass/wood/jewerly filter
- (-) Remove gourds filter gourds
- green market Apply green market filter
- jewelry Apply jewelry filter
- leather Apply leather filter
- metal Apply metal filter
- mixed media Apply mixed media filter
- (-) Remove painting filter painting
- (-) Remove pastels filter pastels
- photography Apply photography filter
- photography/digital Apply photography/digital filter
- (-) Remove plants filter plants
- pottery Apply pottery filter
- printmaking Apply printmaking filter
- printmaking drawing Apply printmaking drawing filter
- sculpture Apply sculpture filter
- soaps & lotions Apply soaps & lotions filter
- stone Apply stone filter
- wood Apply wood filter
Mandalas, to me, are a creative blending of art and math. I'm drawn to both - I was an engineering major for two years before I decided to pursue my education in art. I choose my mandalas to be of the sun because we are made of star dust. Round, geometric centers signify the organized chaos that...
Born in Newark, New Jersey, my creative nature was encouraged from a young age. My artistic gift proved to be an outlet that brought me excitement throughout my life. Self-taught for over fifty years, I had the good fortune to have studied under world-renowned, portrait artist R.W. Cowan prior to...
"I was born into a world of art. My father (Cdr. Floyd Sykes) and mother (Joan Betancourt) were serious artists. My home was overflowing with artwork of their own and of others that they collected while living around the country as a Navy family. Although I have fought it most of my life, I have...
"I work with transparent watercolor and opaque gouache to capture the realistic nature of my paintings".
Mary Jo Burgiel
I started painting as a creative outlet 16 years ago when my children were young. I took watercolor classes in the evening and painted at home usually after my children went to bed. I loved the transparency of watercolor, and the layering effect that could be achieved with the medium. I also loved...
Wife, mother and full time artist! I cultivated my lifelong passion for art while earning a B.A. in Art History from the University of Texas at Austin. I have worked with a myriad of mediums in my course study, including acrylic, oils and 3 dimensional art. I am primarily inspired by color...
Monique Rose Byrd was born in Florida, of Danish and American descent. With a family full of painters, it is not surprising that her grandmother from Lynge, Denmark taught her oils, while her grandmother from Melbourne, Florida taught her watercolors. Needless to say, color was her passion from an...