How to apply to an indoor Art & Craft Festival
All Howard Alan Events Indoor Art & Craft Festival Applications are available through ZAPPLICATION.
Howard Alan Events is a proud, paperless company! For questions about Zapplication, please call 888-562-7232.
If you absolutely cannot apply through Zapplication and need a paper application, please call or email Howard Alan Events with your information. (561) 746-6615 | Info@artfestival.com
In order to be considered for any of our shows, you will need the following:
PHOTOS OF WORK: 3 photos of your work. Please make sure these are good quality images, as you will be judged on what can be seen.
DISPLAY PHOTO: 1 photo of your INDOOR display. We must see your entire display. Indoor tent canopies not permitted, only tent frame. Pipe and drape available for rent.
JURY FEES (non-refundable): Application processing fee/jury fee per each art show is $25 for all indoor shows.
SHOW FEES: Show fees are listed on Zapp. You can also contact our offices via e-mail or phone for the show fee of each show. Prices vary. Please note that show fees are paid after you receive your invitation to the show. Your show fee/deposit indicates that you are accepting the invitation and being placed into the show. After you receive your invitation, we must receive either the deposit or show fee right away TO SECURE YOUR SPACE IN THE SHOW.
RUSH/LATE FEES: For indoor art and craft shows, balances and/or applications must be RECEIVED in our offices at least 60 days prior to the event or a $50.00 rush/late fee will apply for each show. Please keep in mind this late fee will be imposed for EACH show that you apply to and/or for each balance payment received within 60 days of the show and in addition to any applicable jury fees and full show fees. This fee will be due prior to your participation in the show. If you are applying for a show past the 60 day cut-off date, please include the $50 late fee with the show fee.
ARTIST STATEMENTS: We want to know about you and your work. Please include an artist statement on all zapplication applications.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW:
DEPOSITS: For indoor shows, a $100 deposit may be made in lieu of the full booth fee ONLY if the event is more than 60 days away.
CONFIRMATIONS: If you are accepted, additional show information such as lodging, parking, set-up times, directions, etc. will be included in your confirmation. This will be emailed to you upon receipt of your deposit or booth fee. Please review this information carefully as it includes important event details.
CANCELLATIONS: You are responsible for FULL PAYMENT of the show fee if cancellation is made for any reason less than 60 days prior to an INDOOR ART and CRAFT show. Cancellations will be due in writing (email preferred) in our office AT LEAST 60 days prior to the show date. If only the deposit was paid, the balance must be paid, prior to applying for another show. We understand that problems arise and everyone cancels for reasons beyond their control; however, please understand there are NO EXCEPTIONS to this rule.
BALANCES: If you submit a deposit, the balance will be due in our office AT LEAST 60 days prior to the show date. The due date is clearly stated in red in your show confirmation document and on your invoice (last page of the confirmation). A $50 late fee will apply for each show balance received less than 60 days prior to the event.
E-MAIL: Please note that invitations, waitlist notifications, confirmations, important updates, and announcements will be sent to you via email. Be sure to check your email (and SPAM) account regularly.
JURY FEES: (Application fees) are non-refundable once received on Zapplication.
BALANCES/PAYMENTS: When paying your balance, please note the name of the festival on your check or credit card form to assure payment is applied to the proper show. Also be sure to include your full name on the check to avoid confusion. Our database queries your last name, then first, not company name. We accept checks, cashier’s checks, money orders or credit cards (Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express). Make all checks, money orders and cashier’s checks payable to Howard Alan Events for indoor art and craft shows.
FIRST TIME EXHIBITORS: If you are a first time exhibitor or have not done a show with Howard Alan Events in at least 2 years and are applying within 30 days of a show, a money order, cashier’s check, or credit card for all applicable fees is REQUIRED.
DEADLINES: We do not have deadlines for most of our shows. Therefore, please keep in mind shows and categories may be open when you contact us, but are subject to close at any time. In order to avoid being shut out due to show closures, please submit early. We strongly recommend applying when the applications become available. We have no way of knowing when a show will close, as we receive many submissions a day that could prompt a show’s closure without anticipation.
PROCESSING TIME: Please allow at least 2-4 weeks to process your zapplication from the date it is received. Please always try to apply as early as possible to make for a smooth process and to avoid late fees.
WAITING LIST: Once shows are closed, applications are still accepted for the waitlist. We will contact you as early as possible IF any spaces become available. Please keep in mind that this may be as late as 2-3 days before the show. If you cannot work on short notice, the waitlist may not be the best option for you. If we call you from the waitlist to see if you would like to participate in the show, you have the option to turn us down without penalty.
CREDITS/REFUNDS: WE DO NOT ISSUE REFUNDS FOR CANCELLATIONS; however, a credit (good for 2 years) will be issued if notification is made at least 60 DAYS prior to an indoor art and craft show. Cancellations must be made in writing (email preferred) and received in our offices as per the dates outlined. Credits may be used towards future booth fees and expire after 2 years.
WEATHER: No credits or refunds will be issued if show is affected by forces of nature beyond our control. Please check our website or contact the office for updates on cancellations resulting from severe weather such as, hurricanes, tornados, flooding, etc. Please note, we will not cancel a show unless informed by state, city or local officials that it will be in the best interest of safety for all. If it looks like severe weather is approaching, we will not call a show prior to the event. It will be at the show coordinator’s discretion on site at the time.
NO SOLICITATION - Exhibitors are present at our shows for the purpose of representing their work. For that reason, no exhibitor, or their representatives, will engage in any type of solicitation of any products, supplies, shows, etc. during the course of the show, starting at the commencement of the event and ending at the end of breakdown of the said event. The exhibitors’ role is to sell their work and not engage in any other non-related business activities during the course of the event. Failure to comply could cause possible expulsion from the show.
CAREFULLY READ the rules and regulations before submitting:
We make every attempt to review all information contained within the pages of this website and at the time of posting, all information is believed to be accurate and complete. We are not responsible for any typographical errors. If we find one to have been made, we will immediately fix as needed. Management has final rights for interpretations and disclosure and reserves the right to change any information as it becomes necessary (i.e., show venue, parking locations, additional city licenses, fees, policies, etc.). Any changes will be disclosed to parties involved as soon as they become available to us. We will make every reasonable attempt via e-mail or phone, as we feel best for confirmed parties. Thank you for adhering to all of our policies. They are in place to ensure a smooth process for all. If you have any further questions, please contact our offices.
INDOOR EXHIBITOR RULES AND REGULATIONS
►The staff at Howard Alan Events and American Craft Endeavors would like to thank you for your participation in our shows. In order for you to help us make our shows the best they can be, we have established some rules and regulations. To participate in our events, you MUST observe the following…
- 1) All work must be original, handcrafted, created and exhibited by the approved artist themselves. Kits, imports, and mass-produced items will not be tolerated. This rule is strictly enforced.
2) All categories shall be reviewed, juried and screened prior to your acceptance. Any media NOT approved during the application process that appears in your both at an event will be removed. Artists are only permitted to apply with one medium.
3) All applications require 3 photos of your work plus 1 photo of your display. We will not process your application without a photo of your display. For indoor events, tent canopies not permitted, only tent frame. Pipe and drape available for rent. We do NOT keep photos on file. You MUST resubmit photos with EACH application. Handwritten signs and sale signs are strictly prohibited. Ribbons won from other shows may NOT be displayed. Please visit our website, www.ArtFestival.com to view our display requirements and tips. The goal is to make your tent look like a “mini” art gallery.
4) Exhibitors will leave their exhibit space clean after packing up at break down. If your space is not clean after an event, you may be expelled from future shows.
5) The $25 Application fee (APF) must be paid at the time of applying.
6) For this show, a one hundred-dollar ($100) deposit may be made in lieu of the full booth fee ONLY if the event is sixty (60) days away or more. If you are accepted into a show, the balance must then be paid for NO LATER than sixty (60) days before the event or a fifty dollar ($50) late fee will be applied to the balance after Zapp online application completed. You will not be charged a late fee if you apply more than 60 days prior to the show, but you are not informed of your acceptance after cut-off date.
8) CANCELLATIONS – THERE ARE NO REFUNDS FOR CANCELLED SHOWS! However, a credit good for 2 years from the cancellation date will be issued to your account if you notify the office more than 60 days before the event date. The exhibitor is responsible for the entire show fee if the event is cancelled with less than 60 days prior to the show. There are no exceptions to this rule! If you cancel an event within 60 days of the show date, you are liable for the show balance. You will not be able to exhibit in a future event until the show balance has been paid. All cancellations MUST be in writing (email preferred).
9) The approved exhibitor will occupy his or her booth at all times. No subletting or sharing of space is permitted. No representatives are allowed. An accepted application is a commitment to display your work during ALL scheduled hours of the show. If you are not present of any part of the show, you may be expelled from future shows. Employees, family members or reps are not acceptable.
10) Bank Fees – A $36 bank fee will be charged on all return checks. The check amount plus the $36 fee is payable with a credit card, money order or cashier’s check. The fee may be higher with international checks.
11) Exhibitors will receive an ample amount of booth space, which varies depending on the venue. Exhibitors will NOT take up any additional space without first consulting with a show coordinator. ALL WORK, DISPLAY and STORAGE WILL NOT GO BEYOND THE ASSIGNED EXHIBITOR SPACE.
12) If you are not checked in by end of day Thursday prior to the show you will be considered a “no-show” and your space will be given away with no possible refund or credit. If you cannot make it Thursday for setup, please call our office during hours or our emergency phone after 5:00pm.
13) Management reserves the right to make final interpretations of all rules and regulations.
The undersigned does hereby discharge, release and hold harmless, HOWARD ALAN EVENTS & AMERICAN CRAFT ENDEAVORS (all cities, property owners, and associations) and all co-sponsors from any and all manner of action, suits, damages, or claims whatsoever arising from any loss or damages or claims, to the person or property of the undersigned while in possession or under the supervision of the sponsors during the Festival, and hereby consents to enforcement of all rules of this event. Furthermore, the undersigned artist hereby certifies that all display work is handcrafted and created by the show participant. Participant understands that any mass-produced item on display can cause expulsion from the show or future shows. There are no rain dates. There will be no refunds or credits if a show is cancelled due to rain, floods, hurricanes, or any other forces of nature after logistics and advertising have been arranged! There will be no refunds on artist cancellations. Credit good for 2 years from cancellation date will be issued if Howard Alan Events is notified in writing at least (60) SIXTY days prior to an event. Exhibitors are responsible for full payment of show fee if cancelled less than 60 days prior to event. MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANY EXHIBITOR CAUSING ANY PROBLEMS TO FELLOW EXHIBITORS OR MANAGEMENT. Failure to comply with the rules and regulations set forth of this General Release may result in expulsion from any and/or all events. Management reserves the right to make final interpretation of all rules.
The applicant understands that if this application is not accepted, all fees and photos will be returned by mail, with the exception of the Application Processing Fee. If accepted, HAE/ACE has your permission to reproduce artwork, through the photographs you have submitted, for the purpose of advertising and marketing the Festival. HAE/ACE also has your permission to publish photographs or videos taken of your booth, work and photos of you during the Festival for purposes related to promotion of the Festival, past or future.